Tree Planting

Hi! Today I am going to be talking about the 6th grade’s field trip to a tree planting site.

So what we did was the whole sixth grade was spilt into two groups so it wouldn’t be as croweded. My group first went into our library to watch a cool documanteary about trees and an old lady who loved them and wanted to learn about them. The documentary was about 90min and it was cool and educational.

After that we went on a bus that took us to the tree planting site. At first I was kind of suprised that it looked like that. It was very plain but in about 20 years there will be trees planted everywhere like a forest. After we got off the bus we got a quick explanation of how we should plant the trees. They said we could partner up with someone so I partnered with one of my really good friends.

This is the site

This was taken by my teacher.

We first picked a good spot and started digging. We had to cut a lot of roots out of the way and always try to dig around them so we cab get a better grip on it. I was challenging but we did it.  The second step was to make sure that the hole was big enough for the tree and it was so we started to put the tree in. We had to take off some of the dirt so the roots would be able to grow in the ground easier but it wasn’t that hard. After that we had the put our pile of dirt and clay mixture back around the tree. The final thing that we had to do was get buckets of mulch and make a donut ring around the tree. That is it!

These are some materials needed to plant a tree.

This was taken by my teacher.

We technically had to make two trees but me and my friend took too long. I hope you enjoyed this post!

Have a good rest of your day!

P.S. Me and my friend named out BEAUTIFUL tree Beyonce. It was amazing.